I am in a nostalgic mood this week. Partly because of a series of retreats where I finally had time to really think and pray. Partly because of the multitudes of blog posts that look back at the year that was. Mostly because of the decisions, opportunities and realities that I am facing this 2010.
I firmly believe that my days have an ordained rhythm; by the Master composer. Looking back at what happened for the past nine years, I’ve noticed that I have to make a major life decision or routine change every six months. And there is a consistentÂ odd-even pattern to my years:
All my best years are odd. 2k1, 2k3, 2k5, 2k7, 2k8, 2k9 - excitement, exponential growth, calling, turbulence, discoveries, surprises, promotions, anointing, introductions, vision, independence, firsts, fruits, sacrifice, crossroads, missions, promises, opportunities, dawns, sunsets, stars in the skies, hills and mountain top experiences.
All my deep years are even. 2k, 2k2, 2k4, 2k6, 2k8 - maturity, commitment, humility, rest, roots, dependence, prayer, retreat, intercession, discipline, nurturing, niche, perseverance, obedience, mentoring, emulated, service, focus, dusk, twilight, sand on the shore, wilderness, deserts and valleys.
So 2010, what will you bring?
1. What did you do in 2009 that youâ€™d never done before?
Spelunking in Callao Cave, jump into a river fully clothed, be in the middle of the Rice Terraces and inside a cloud, time travel, ride a calesa, be at the boundary of Ifugao and Isabela, travel 600 kms via bus in 24 hours, walk in the rain without an umbrella, spend my birthday without my family, kairos, facilitate a Leaders’ Consultation, own a laptop and camera phone, walk around the academic oval regularly, ride a motorbike, be vulnerable, take good pictures, travel to Isabela, the superbowl slide of doom!, wensha, see cars float in floodwaters, ya sunday and choir, upwords! hear my niece say YOYO! (lolo), survive a vehicular minor accident, spend money purposively on clothes, get an INC grade, videoke almost every month and a score of 100, get sprawled on the floor drunk, cry out of grief, be an emcee in a wedding, do makeup for a wedding entourage, get lost near midnight, freelance, run 6 batches of a professionals retreat, cook breakfast for other people (and they lived!), work in my sweet spot.
2. Did you keep your new yearsâ€™ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Isa lang new year’s resolution ko: Be on time!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
2009 was a year for weddings, next year na siguro mga birtths hehe.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. a friend from the North.
5. What countries did you visit?
Provinces/ municipalties, of the Philippines na lang: Laguna, Isabela, Tarlac, Bulacan, Ifugao, Tagaytay/Silang, Imus Cavite, San Mateo Rizal, Marikina, etc.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A teaching/training job that will complement my MA, so that I can be financially independent again, and will give me information for my thesis. A scholarship would be nice too. Travel outside the countryâ€¦Israel. An outdoor camp where Iâ€™m a camper. – same as last year’s. Isama na rin ang getting to know lots of new friends.
7. What date/s from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 14-16, 2009 – Nurturing Passion as a Community Batch 1
July 20-21, 2009 -Â 26th birthday
September 2-3, 2009 – Transform South East Asia Leaders’ Consultation
October 9, 2009 – sweet spot
November 20, 2009 – second chance at life
8. What was your biggest achievement/s of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
EDL 251 INC
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Accident equals scratches and torn toenail, chipped tooth, and the usual fever and colds
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my pet, Emma the emachine acer lappytop
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Passionate people. =)
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
keeping me alive while Iâ€™m concentrating on my studies and doing freelanceâ€¦ also for travelling for camps/retreats/seminars. and eating, of course
15 What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Love Song, Go the distance
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Iâ€™ll say Iâ€™m happier and wiser. I am going in the right direction for sure.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatterâ€¦ iâ€™ll be thinner come hell/finals week
iii. richer or poorer? poorer financially, richer in other things that matter more
18. What do you wish youâ€™d done more of?
saving money, being on time and prioritizing
19. What do you wish youâ€™d done less of?
facebook, crying, sleeping late and being impulsive
20. How will you be welcoming the New Year?
with a satiated smileâ€¦ burp
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Good question. Next!
23. What was your favourite TV program?
how i met your mother, glee and merlin
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didnâ€™t hate this time last year?
thankfully, i have no reason to.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Bible. Of course.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
that the sound of the wind is the best music for SR’s
28. What did you want and get?
laptop, camera phone, lots of experiences, travel, new friends, freedom, certainty, sweet spot, surprises
29. What did you want and not get?
teaching/training job, flat uno GWA sa MA,Â a healed body clock, commitment, punctuality
30. Favorite film of this year?
Slumdog Millionaire. It is written.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got lost and found. I was 26.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Old is new again. I am an autumn lady.
34. What kept you sane?
Friends, Food, Faith, Musicâ€¦.. and www.tarits.com, rant-ville.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. Who is your real-person crush?
Ha ha ha! Taken na sila lahat.
37. What political issue stirred you the most?
all of them. Letâ€™s vote in 2010! Please!
38. Who did you miss?
mga taong di nagpapakita…
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kuya Rommel, JE, Ian, and Tabs
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
When God says don’t, he means don’t hurt yourself.
What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
How can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you?
Will you tell me how could it be
Any better than this?
(Everything – Lifehouse)
1) GOALS/DREAMS FOR THE NEW YEAR:
Growth, Relationships, Anointing, Prosperity and Excellence
2) PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT YEAR ON:
A. LOVE â€“ Lord, surprise me. =)
B. CAREER – All of life ministry. sticking with MA, hoping for teaching experience to make those theories come to life. Graduation by 2011!