I onlyÂ responded to that 25 random thingies tag/meme becauseÂ we discussed why people prefer reading numbered lists to long blocks of texts. Why? Ask my prof, I was sleep deprived that morning. ;-P So here’s a list of randomness:
1. I fall asleep in moving vehicles, especially in buses traversing EDSA. I even fell asleep in the MRT once, while sitting on the floor. I have also fallen asleep on the shoulder of a total stranger in a jeep. But I’ve only missed my stop once.
2. I have lived most of my life away from home and family: 10 years in dormitories and a few months’ worth of camps and conferences.
3. I am not sentimental, especially about things. I rarely keep letters, giftsÂ or souveneirs. IÂ never take photos (because I don’t have a camera either.) Â What I keep are memories… and a lot of voice casette tapes.Â
4. For nine years, my dad would be parked in front of my current dormitory everyday from 6-9pm. Every day.Â
5. I can live without TV, a landline or the Internet at home. I also watch movies/DVD’s….Â like, twice a year?Â But I can never survive without reading materials… even a medicine warning label would suffice. I also prefer watchingÂ theater musical plays to movies or concerts.
6. I went through immunotherapy in college; 3 injections every week for a year. Not sure if it worked though. I was only allowed to donate blood again after I stopped the treatment.
7. I’m a gourmand, not a gourmet. I eat almost anything, and lots! But I”m not fond of okra, ampalaya, potato chips/junk food, chocolate with nuts/fruit/stuff mixed in, or fruits (I’m too lazy to peel them). I can eat a full rice meal in 5 mins flat and can make the most of eat-all-you-can buffets. The trick is not to drink anything.
8. I speedread, so I rarely buy books. I tend to abuseÂ the books I have, since I read anywhere, anytime and reread the booksÂ over and over and over… Secondhand books are my preference since I am annoyed at theÂ kaartehan (no dog-ears, wrap in plastic, do not open fully else the binding will get creased ek-ek OC-ness) of keeping new, freshly printed books.
9. I’ve chipped my front tooth 3x (metal forks are not edible)Â and had it replastered twice. Now I need to have it patched up again. I’ve also had two wisdom teeth removed. Horrors.
10. I only realized that I needed to wear glasses due to chronic headaches and spraining my foot 5 times. I’m still undecided on contacts, since it takes me 15 minutes to put them on. Also,Â one of my dorm mates scared me when her eyes got infected while wearing contacts.
11. I have been to all 3 island groups in the Philippines LUZVIMIN… without spending a single cent. =) and I have friends in all those places too.
12. My parents did not pay anything for my school tuition from grade 1 to 4th year HS. And they paid a very reduced rate when I went to college at a state university. So… my CAP plan is stil unredeemed.
13. As of today, I do not own a single skirt. I have not worn one in 3 years.
14. I used to wear a tubao (Muslim-inspired bandanna) all the time in college. Now I’ve moved up to always bringing a shawl/pashmina with me wherever I go.
15. I consider household chores a necessary evil. And cleaning up only happens in my room when I’m looking for my keys or someting I’ve misplaced again.
16. I tend to avoid new technology or gadgets; I observe if other people are pleased with them before taking the l plunge. When I do have a techie object, I keep it forever. This PC is almost 6 years old (windows xp), my cellphones areÂ both inherited and areÂ 4Â / 6 years old. My music comes from a secondhand ipod shuffle. I own a casette recorder. And that’s the extent of my techiness.
17. I am unfeminine when it comes to fashion. I hate, loathe abhorÂ shopping. Most of my clothes have been around since college (those that still fit). My shoes and bags, however, change more often sinceÂ they getÂ annihilated in less than a year. I hate closed shoes and heels: they oppress my toes.
18. My shoulder bags are usually big, bulky, and heavy.Â I like being prepared for anything, soÂ I usually have: notebook, planner, pens, makeup, toiletries, umbrella, cellphone charger, scissors, stapler, marker, bible, journal, ID cards, coin purse, tissue, water bottle, alcohol, shawl,Â and whichever book/handout I’m supposed to be reading for class that week. When I have classes, I bring an extra bayong/tote bag for my books. And despite numerous out of town experiences,Â I stillÂ do not know how to travel light.
19. I like cats but I’m allergic to them. I don’t like dogs, since they stink and I’m afraid they’ll bite me. After an iguana and a couple of lovebirds in elementary, I have never owned a pet and I’m not interested in getting any.
20. I have been paid to appear on TV three times (sikreto kung saan, kelan at paano). And theater acting gigsÂ in college funded my first trip to Cebu for a month-long camp.Â
21. I prefer text messages to getting calls… because my cp batteries tend to conk out midway through the conversation.
22. I learned to type quickly because of Yahoo Messenger and chatting, but I still do not know the proper finger placement for touchtyping.
23. My parents are both CPA’s but I hate math.
24. I used to be afraid of being by myself in a room. But now I can stay on our rooftop at night by myself or work in our department’s office (our college has a reputation for spooky and eerie events) allÂ alone.
25. IÂ loveÂ brewed coffee but just tolerate instant, which has almost no effect on me.Â TheÂ second thing I bought with my paycheckÂ was a coffeemaker; I also have a coffee press. Last year, i received more than 2 kilos of coffee grounds as gifts from various people. Thank you, friends!