Hereâ€™s how this is done, as per boss Tatint’s instructions:
1. Re-post the picture/logo on your blog and please acknowledge where it came from. Kindly leave a comment on this post so I would know youâ€™ve posted it.
2. Write down 5 things you are grateful for and the 5 bloggers you are tagging.
3. You may copy this or write your own quote regarding gratitude:
â€œIn everything give thanks.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
1. Being a full time student. I tried working full time and studying part time for my MA last year… and I quietly wentÂ insane.Â Not to mention that I felt as if “di ko nalulubos pag-aaral ko.” Thanks to a yearlong stint at the coal mines call center, I was able to save enough money to fund a semester of full time graduate school this year. When that ran out, my mom came out of early retirement to support me. The greatestÂ legacy ofÂ my parents: my education. And I am thankful that I am finally over the guilt trip of being dependent on my parents again at the grand old age of 25. They are willing and able to give, so I should be willing, able and humble enough to receive. Of course, the parental units have bragging rights and I am now the unofficial maid at home, but that’s expected. Subthanks: grace despite my laziness, procastination and cramming. And that I am an iskolar ng bayan. Go UP!
2. My new part time job. I just got my appointment as a graduate assistant this week at UP Diliman. This is an answered prayer because I have been looking for a job that would not conflict with my acads; super-flexible and super brain-rest sana. The funny thing is there was no vacancyÂ in the department; I just noticed that my professors were hard toÂ pin down for consultations, soÂ I asked, “wala po ba kayongÂ GA?”Â Voila, I got the job (after a month of chasing papers).Â My main task is toÂ makeÂ my professors lives easier.Â Job description includes making technology work (DVD, virus scan, publisher, etc), answering questions, looking for people, excavating papers, and being a JOAT. The pay is almost enough, IÂ get much needed mentoring in education, and I have a spacious dusty tambayan – the whole EDL department office! All I need now is to get my first salary and everything will be perfect…
3. Being a grafted branch onto the living vine. I made the decision to accept in Christ in 2002, and it has been one overwhelming thing after another since then. I am gradually being certain of why and what I am here for. I am blessed to have the opportunity to grow, minister to and serve with fellow branches in the vine. I have the reassurance that what i am doing and being now is of eternal consequence. I am especially thankful forÂ 2008, when I was able to go back to the basics and worship at His feet.Â Â And that, flaws and all, I am loved.
4. Relationships that remain… inspite of my hecticness, a schedule that is crazy-frenetic-ever-full,Â and theÂ changes that come with time and distance. I thank God for all of my mentors, prayer triads, accountability partners, dorm mates, choir mates, orgmates, esbi mates, kcmates, campmates, sgmates, cgmates, ates, kuyas, disciples, anaks, apos, groupmates, classmates, etc etc etc…. I am a people person, and I find joy whenever I can connectÂ with them. Be it unplanned dates, getogs, counseling, bonding, overnights, being co-counselors/coordinators in a camp, bible study, videoke session, food trip, massage line, makeover, coffee-date, swimming, toploading, jamming, choir practices, theater rehearsals, watching a musical play, etc, etc. Of course, I am also gratefulÂ that this year I get to spend more time withÂ my family. AndÂ for the surpriseÂ newest addition to our clan (aka little munster/niece).
5. For the simple joys of life. Coffee, Repertory’s A Christmas Carol, massages, audiobooks, mp3s, warm hugs, hot rice, free food, a smiley moon, sunset gazing, cold mornings, walking on grass, metal box moments, QT, booksales, unlimited internet, new blog template, shared jokes, singing inÂ harmony, camps, spiritual retreats, words of appreciation, library references that are on-shelf, shawls, cerelac, kisses (the chocolate kind), stars, coinbanks, going to lipa and eating batchoy,Â hamdesal with egg, someone dropping by the EDL office, aha! moments, Christmas cantatas, etc etc.
Indeed, I am so blessed. And so I tag: Pepay, Darlene, Joni, Carmi and Chuza