- sunburned andÂ evading bugs that biteÂ
- speaking English a lot… saken naassign yung Korean na camper e
- very well-fed and am among the few counselors NOT on a diet and still eating
- learning to understand (and speak?)Â Hiligaynon and Cebuano
- back to wearing a tubao and baggy clothes
- falling asleep 0-5 seconds after lying down
- having a breather from special events… but wait, there is more next week!!!
- appreciating siesta time
- enjoying throwing questions at my students about OIA (inductive Bible Study)
- in demand for my massages
- washing a lot of dishes while singing Sunday school songs
- realizing the difficulty of keeping teenagers attentive. the secret is to feed them well
- chasing the paka, the tuko,Â and the pabo
- having KC reunions with West V people after 5 years (waaah Jason at last!!!)
- doing a lot of praying (please Lord don’t let it rain…)
- thanking God thatÂ I am with Kuya Mark and Vina (boom!)
- being reminded of lessons learned about personhood, KOG, LCMS, etc.
- memorizing memory verses creatively… i especially liked like this one:
I lift up my eyes to the hills –
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip –
He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you –
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm –
He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forever more.
Random illustrations for this post: