WhenÂ I was 21, young, naive, and delusional, I made a covenant with two equally naive and delusional girls. Here is the result of thesis stress, hormonal imbalance, senti overload and prayers (I think) rolled into a list:
June 23, 2004, 7:29pm
Chowking Metropoint MallWe will marry a guy who..
|1. Loves God more than he loves us — or anything.
2. Is worthy of our respect / we can submit to.
3. Is stable — financially, emotionally, mentally.
4. Is loyal & committed & faithful.
5. Is not afraid to admit his mistakes.
6. Is sweet and affectionate.
7. Makes us want to be better persons.
8. Is a gentleman.
9. Has a good sense of humor. Not boring.
10. Is musically-inclined.
11. Loves kids; is a family man.
12. Is honest.
13. Is decisive and firm in his convictions.
14. Makes us feel like we’re the most beautiful / wonderful /special girls in the world..
15. GOOD LOOKING! (haha)
16. Must be taller by at least 3 inches than we are.
17. Must have no vices.
18. Is not complacent and/or tamad.
19 Is a hardworker / industrious.
20. Is our best friend.
21. Is someone who we love.
22. Is not a slob — hygienic, mabango, cool getup.
23. Is not intimidated by us.
24. Is patient and kind.
25. Knows how to cook / willing to do household chores.. (with us naman).
26. Is brave enough to ask our parents’ permission before courting/proposing.
27. Courted us first.
28. Is loving towards his mother and sister(s), kung meron.
29. Is not overly jealous/possessive/suffocating/ controlling.
30. Uses his time/resources wisely.
31. Would never ever hurt us on purpose — respects us.