My 13th month pay has come and gone in a few hours. Where did it go?
Responsible Ways of Spending my Holiday Bonus
1. Save – for my tuition, field trip, summer shennanigans and to fend off the threat of starvation.
2. Bills – while I can still contribute to them.
3. Investment – after dipping my toe in the exciting, scary world of investment, I am about to take the plunge and invest some serious money on high yielding investment vehicles. Okay, this is somewhat risky because only bank savings accounts are PDIC insured, but I am fed up with 1% pa interest rates! Also, I’m thinking of reviving my buy and sell business. With a roomful of hungry officemates and a ton of monitos/monitas to give gifts to, sales opportunities abound!
4. December Expenses – required gifts for various Christmas parties, making myself look human and female for December 8, various logistical costs for our Christmas church activities and support for missions.
5. Facts of Life – daily expenses for food, transportation, load, school supplies, and groceries.
Not-so-Responsible Ways of Spending my Holiday Bonus
1. Entertainment. At last! After years of not seeing a professional production, I watched Into the Woods this musical play last Saturday with my officemates at the Music Museum. The story, a crazy-funny-adult mix of traditional fairytales, was great! The actors were the best; singing, acting and dancing well all at the same time is no joke. The bad effect is: I miss theater.
2. UP Centennial Planner – where do I order? Definitely a better deal than that much hyped and overpriced St******s planner. My alma mater is going to be a hundred years old next year!
3. Body Spa - halfway done. body scrub and massage – check. foot scrub and rebond – pending.Â Â face transplant – I’ll think about it.
4. Coffee – I couldn’t resist the siren call of hot caramel macchiatto. Also bought several liters ofÂ fresh milk for my homemade brewed coffee. Anyone knows where I can buy a portable coffee press that is reasonably priced? So I can brew coffee anywhere.
5. Eating Out – Got several eat outs lined up this holiday season. I so crave garlic shrimp pizza from Yellow Cab! And Korean food! And pesto pasta!
So where did your holiday bonus go?